Navagraha Temple Tour is among the popular tours that we provide. The tour is a two day trip to the Navagraha temples in Tamil Nadu.
Navagraha temples are temples devoted to the nine (nava) major celestial bodies (Grahas) of Hindu astronomy. These celestial bodies are named Surya (Sun), Chandra (Moon), Chevaai/Mangal(Mars), Budhan (Mercury), Guru/Brihaspati (Jupiter), Shukra (Venus), Shani (Saturn), Rahu (North Lunar Node) and Ketu (South Lunar Node).
The cluster of Navagraha Temples were built during the Chola dynasty and are near Kumbakonam in Tamil Nadu. Each temple is located in a different village. Each of these temples is considered an abode of one of the Navagrahams. However, the majority of these temples are dedicated to Shiva. The Surya temple is the only one dedicated to the Graham. The Surya temple was built around the 11th or 12th century C.E. The other temples were built earlier, ranging back to 7th-9th century.
* Surya Navagrahastalam -- Tirumangalakkudi (or)Sooriyanar Kovil
* Chandra Navagrahastalam -- Tingaloor
* Angaarakan Navagrahastalam -- Puttirukku Velur--(or)Vaitheeswaran Kovil
* Budha Navagrahastalam -- Tiruvenkaadu
* Guru Navagrahastalam -- Aalangudi
* Sukra Navagrahastalam -- Kanjanoor
* Shani Navagrahastalam -- Tirunallar
* Raahu Navagrahastalam -- Tirunageswaram
* Ketu Navagrahastalam -- Keezhperumpallam
Click here for the pricing details.